I shot this photograph using a 35mm film camera for my Photography I class. The object of the assignment was to shoot an abstract image that is still recognizable, and add at least four layers to it after developing the photo. I borrowed my friend’s black Fender Squier single cut electric guitar and shot it at an angle. After developing four copies of the photo, I cut out the four pieces I would add layers to, and dry mounted them to either mat board or foam board to create the layers. I then dry mounted these pieces to the original photograph. I added two pieces of foam board between my mat board of the entire photograph to give it more depth and add to the effect of the layers. This was the most challenging assignment for me during that class.
For this assignment in Photography I, I was to shoot or find a photograph I could hand color. I decided to shoot a fishing pole beside a lake in honor of my Grandfather, who passed away in October of 2012, as he was a fisherman. This proved to be slightly difficult as it was winter when this project was assigned. I traveled to Lake Madison, located southwest of Madison, South Dakota, to shoot a roll of film. I placed the fishing pole between some rocks and shot the pole along with the shore and lake in the background. The way the lake was frozen made it look like the waves were crashing on shore on film. After the long process of developing the photo on fiber based paper, I let the photo dry overnight. I then selected colors to use and rubbed the color onto the photograph, which was not simple as it needed to appear even throughout. This was my favorite project during this class.
This zoomed in photograph of my bracelet was shot using a 35 mm camera for my Photography I class. The object of this assignment was to manipulate a photo in the dark room. There were numerous options for this assignment. In the dark room, I exposed the image on the paper using a high contrast filter and then used a turkey baster filled with developer to pour onto the held up photo. The effect seems as if the photo is dripping onto the paper. This was the most time consuming project for this class as I wanted the effect to look a certain way.
This was composed in my English Informatics class, which was a textual analysis class. The objective of this assignment was to write an analysis on a certain character or from the play R0meo and Juliet before using textual analysis tools.
This poem was written in my Creative Writing I class. The objective was simple: write a love poem. This was one of the hardest poems I had ever written. Although I was inspired, it was almost as if I was too inspired that I was thinking too hard about writing this poem. After many frustrating hours, I was finally happy with my draft of my love poem about my boyfriend.
This poem was written in my Creative Writing I class. The objective for this poem was to write an elegy about the events that took place in Madison, South Dakota on February 2, 2012. This was shocking news for a town of six thousand, where everyone thought they felt safe. This poem is a response to the events of that night for the poet.
This photo was digitally colored during my Digital Photography II class, where we used a digital camera, and/or our negatives from Photography I to edit in Photoshop. The object of this assignment was to either choose a negative or digital photo, or photograph something to be digitally colored in Photoshop. I chose a photo I took during the summer of 2012 while I was in Keystone, South Dakota for my internship. The photo was already in color, so I had to turn it into black and white in order for it to be colored. I then learned how to gradually add color to blend nicely with the photo. The main focal point is the rope hanging from the tree. The river provides a leading line, which draws the eye to the focal point. The overall result created a dreamlike, forest look to the photo, which I am pleased with.